Thursday, November 20, 2014

A Yuppie werewolf testifies before a Congressional Committee (really?)

I took a writing seminar with author Carrie Vaughn and found her to be intelligent, with good insights into writing and publishing. As a result, I bought this book even though the vampires cum werewolves ecosystem is not part of my universe. I found 'Kitty Goes to Washington'  (#2 in the Kitty Norvell series), to be well crafted--what you'd expect of someone who gives writing seminars.  I personally didn't get involved until chapter 10--which is much too long--but as I said, it's not my genre and that I got involved at all is a strong recommendation. I found Kitty's escapades to be on the adolescent side, typical of that subset of readers whose prefrontal cortex is still under development and hormones overrule thought--otherwise known as the YA market--but hey, right on target for what I'm sure is Ms Vaughn’s intended market. If you like the urban legend version of the paranormal, you'll probably love this. If not, you can learn from it craft.

No comments: